Board of Immigration Appeals This court is the Court of Appeals for all immigration courts in the United States. The BIA also hears various non-court appeals in cases involving the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) hears immigration court cases. There are multiple courts throughout the US based on districts. The local courts for Connecticut are in Hartford and for NewYork are located in Batavia, Buffalo, Fishkill, Ulster, and New York City.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (CIS) An agency of the Department of Homeland Security adjudicates immigrant visa petitions, naturalization and asylum applications, and other immigration matters.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) An agency of the Department of Homeland Security, the CBP enforce immigration rules and regulations at airports, ports of entry, and border points throughout the United States.
U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Originally named INS immigration and Nationality Service was created in 2003 and is the lead department over CIS, CBP, and ICE.
U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) The legal enforcement branch for federal laws; head department over EOIR.
U.S. Department of State (DOS) Controls and manages travel information for U.S. citizens and foreign citizens; issues visas to foreign citizens and passports to U.S. citizens; monitors country conditions around the world.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) ICE’s is responsible for detention of unauthorized aliens, bond determinations, and removal of unauthorized aliens through its enforcement branch, the Detention and Removal Operations (DRO).
U.S. Immigration and Nationality Service (INS) The prior name for U.S.Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS).
UNITED STATES IMMIGRATION CASE STATUS AND PROCESSING TIMES
- OnLine Case Status
- Vermont Service Center Processing Dates
- Texas Service Center Processing Dates
- Nebraska Service Center Processing Dates
- Missouri Service Center Processing Dates (National Benefits Center)
- California Service Center Processing Dates
- Consular wait times information
- Scheduling an Appointment at a US Consulate Abroad
- Fees and Reciprocity Tables
- National Visa Center
- Visa Bulletin
- Backlog Public Disclosure System
- DOL Main Page, FAQ’s; Backlog Reduction Information
- PERM Instruction Page
- 9089 Form
- 9089 Form Instructions
- Prevailing Wage Determination
- Listing of SWAs and Contact Information
- Wage Data Information